Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Jerusalem

Jerusalem, if I forget you...

and it's true, the past helps me be, I wonder what it does for you?

Life is fuller and pretty with Jewish complexity

and a memory or two, awesomely awesome as it may be, brings me back to a forgotten history

Keeping me humble, maybe

Grounding me.


But my destiny holds great things and complexity makes it moreso

Like a golden brick in the great Sphinx' torso

Noble, shining, immortal

A symbol of humble past, pride... and struggle

Like any father say, "know where you come from, remember your lessons,

Don't forget these things, count your blessings."


I recount some of the deep-seated feelings here in this rhyme

I strive to reach deep-seeded healings eternal and within

I reflect on ancient histories, Risen

Withered by infernal sands of the Middle-East,

and hidden in the secret winds of Time.

No comments: