Friday, April 16, 2010

Bonanza at the Boneyard



I could write a who blog about all my adventures in Champaign-Urbana.

Yesterday was my ideal evening and night. Hard to explain - no better way to explain - full of arts, culture, good people, good friends, free food, wine, entertainment, location-hopping from business to business and places you wouldn't normally go because it was the Boneyard Arts Fest. Art installations throughout our downtown, free appetizers and wine in an abandoned building, bellydancers and a fire spinner, Spring dresses with the nice mid-April weather (unheard of!) and more appetizers outside, art gallery with beautiful watercolor dandelions by Shoshanna Bauer..... then finishing the night at Luna with DJs indoors and outdoors, with with interactive graffiti in the middle beer garden. Never been there before but now it will always be how I remember it. Then I danced dubstep til 2:30 AM, with mah hips
It was real; it was ideal
look at this pretty art!
does it make you think, you human? isn't life awesome?
Shake what ya mama gave ya!

Now I'm listening to a voicemail from the deputy mayor who wished me a happy Friday morning and offered me a free whistle concert.

No comments: