Sunday, October 31, 2010

I jest

"Went to where the people were on a saturday night
seems like it always seems
where i go i want to leave
i thought we were doing fine with our lives
there are people who will tell you
there is always something better

"if you don't know or care you'll be alright
i heard it's modern to be stupid
you don't need to talk to look good

"i surprised myself as my mouth started speaking
there is nothing left of my nerves
as i lean over to ask her

"pardon the intrusion
could we leave before it gets bad
i might smash up all these windows
and set fire to the curtains
until it goes on and eats it with its blue and red orange
until the fire burns and eats it with its blue and red orange" -Matt Pond PA: HALLOWEEN

In so much trouble, you can't hide in the covers
look back to the trees and the wild

did you hear the music?
I feel like...I feel like...we all did
did you git those positive vibes?
because that's all I want, and I don't wanna be the odd man out

I jest I jest I kid I kid
but if you were there maybe you'd understand how I did
tripped up in the club on acid you know
yeah, yeah that's how I roll
mad deep in friends and then smoke weed and see how the night goes
Yesterday, though, I was having mad images and had to keep on movin' and spinnin'
and I saw the wooden ceiling panels move with the movements of my eyes
in and out and in color and in vibes
without music, without much light except from embering bounces secondhand
it should have been used toward the power of the trees and wild
in full blown color and a full blown experience
I seek
that poetry in motion

No comments: