Thursday, March 12, 2009

Vessels

It is hard to articulate thoughts from within
What if there are none, and it is bouncing sea water, white-capped and never ending, that fills me up and drowns the whale of a Free Will
All I can do is to stay afloat, the waves will always be beneath me if I just stay afloat… If I keep… going
My heart keeps beating
My body is a raft
Floating with its will
This is how we humans fly.

We are but Vessels
So I have been reading. Hearing
Either way, taking to consideration. Here
Carrying a package home to put into my Heart, maybe
Into that tea tin, maybe, the one where we stash Valuables from History
Things we keep, and keep going, close to our hearts.

Vessels! We carry things around with us, we carry ourselves
A large burden, undoubtedly the focus of all our strength
If we could only just carry one thing.
We have vessels within us
Life vessels, particle slaves that move around at paces we cannot comprehend.
We do not fully know their patterns, their work schedule, their habits and tendencies
That result in a life force, a collaboration of much movement formation
And who is the Controller
Because the aforementioned may go by many names,
(And what’s in a name? a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet
And the front of the book cover "Hindutva" is a Nazi Swastika
But the book is not about that.)

What is your name! controller
How specific your answer
And what is the extent of your claim.
Who Are You, Life Force
At what level doth thou playest
And for whose sake of game?

Is this a search for Truth?
I don’t know myself
I ask the question not to you
But, boldly, to truth itself
In the open air
Hoping it comes out from inconspicuous hiding
inevitably I, not knowing, if and when it does, to believe its tiding.

For all the Who’s, What’s, and Where’s
That are asked along with all other questions out there
There lacks a most curious and daunting What,
That asks all the same: Who, What, Where, and Why
One word that lasts until eternity
And comes first in everyone’s personal definition of Modernity
It is the "What of Within".

So common is this, the avoidance and self-doubt
We clench our fists in silent nonaction
“Thank You Very Much, but I can do Without
Your questioning of the Whats and Withins!” As we shout.

"I can do Without
Your purposeless predicaments you put me in
I can live blissfully Without
Your inquirements, your on-the-spot requirements, of thinking, you see.
No thank you, I’ll pass on your request for response,
You put me in a Where, I don’t want to be."

So What’s With the Within
And Where do I go from here?
Cuz I’m searching for something, some answer
That leads to a path I believe is already there.

The life boat, the vessels that takes us
It is within us, connecting us like an invisible thread
In the Bhagavad Gita, it is said
That with chanting and meditation on the almighty Krishna or some omnipotent God
Can we attempt to be at peace in our bed.

Something is deep within us, a soul
There is a visible difference, the eyes of a Soul and the eyes of the Dead
An apparent Something we cannot explain
A truth from our soul around which we try to wrap our head.

Alas, this is difficult
The stage we are at
Character formed, place in time set, stage and lighting a constant fix
Someone else pulled down the curtain and we are ON, naked and exposed
We try to make the best of our show, have a good time of it and for everyone else too
Use the props that are there, to amuse, and to avoid a Boo.

The occasional Character
Will put down the script
Maybe tear down the curtain
Be done with it.
Maybe they’ll head to stage right
Where there’s a door and a light
Maybe a Wizard behind it
With magic crystals so bright.

Ask the Wizard your questions
He is old and more importantly wise
You can emanate him like an apprentice
And soon with his blessed balloon will you rise.

Learn the tricks of the trade
Enflame the outdated Script someone else made
Immerse yourself in new study
A golden-brick road-path is laid.

Don’t tap out and get distracted
By those shiny red shoes
That sparkle and tingle the senses, make ostentatious material fun
They take you back home to a flat land of one dimension, losing all perspective and landing once again on square one.

No, be not there, distraction!
Of one dimension and flat pages of written script.
Let there be infinite possibility!
An air-balloon to space, reaching new heights, if you know what I mean,
Of new wonders and magic carpets,
That allow you to see the world more clearly
From an Enlightened Above.

Thank You to the Wizard!
And for your curiosity that found him
For in finding him
I allowed myself to astound.
And in finding him, become reassured
That the search for meaning and treasure,
is the same as that taking place within.

No comments: