Sunday, June 7, 2009

SimDreams

Well, the JubJub's name is elola, there's tezee, too.
There's the mansion, the metropolis, the dizzying busy park to end all theme-parks.
Later on, I founded the precursor to ancient Rome.
I beat the high scores, I exceeded expectations with Empire.

I can re-visit those cities waiting for me, I can revive that family in the mansion, I can whirl around in my favorite rollercoaster 
I can go back in time, where it is all still living on
frozen in time with the last save, still able to be recovered
I can have that life back
those mindsets for me are like riding a bike.

But what good would it do 
to go back for round two...?
It don't hurt to play games some
s'long as it don't cut productivity none
the thing with life is
it can't be won
rarely can you save it as is and return to level one
you've got to keep on- keep on building
more levels, never done
each game was a step 
a building block 101
to dominate the matrix, high score your tetris, create your mini-metropolis
and with a click of your finger, a bite of the mouse
you make a world of imagination and can construct your dream house.

Humph - We play such a small part in person, wouldn't you say?
How we're just a pawn in the game, a small voice in the crowd, person 1234 with a # but no name?
Unless you realize somethings, and take it to the streets:
that maybe experience accumulated in masterminding these worlds
can truly apply to real life, where if you're actually making a difference, where it doesn't sound so lame?
It's hard and takes much patience, you can't speed up the pace of the game -
in fact Time gets a-hold of you, turns your control-prefs to shame.

Wind up the buttons, pull some of those knobs, get this one going
don't mess this one up, autosave need not apply
you're out in the open, exposed, you're living it, My!
Maybe it's a dream, living that Sim version of yourself
where you're still young, it's all in fun, and in game... This you say to yourself to get by.

No comments: