Monday, August 2, 2010

Duck Fest

listening to Shpongle's Divine Moments of Truth which is pretty cool, after going to a small fest this weekend in Martinton, IL called Duck Fest. Only around ~200 people and you feel like you know everyone at the end. Dancin' and chillin' and groovin' and meetin'... it was a good time, but I wouldn't go so far to say Friday nite was. I was on somethin'... kind of a bad trip because my friends weren't there. They say don't trip alone. well I felt like I was, surrounded by strangers, and in my mind my friends never showed up.

Went on an 8-hour adventure Sunday to Arlington Heights Racetrack, 80 mi and 4 tolls northwest, to a skybox suite and won $4.20 on the last race. My sister and I bet on the same horse, same amount, to show, separately...weird. It was so worth going for, minus the tollways. I got an I-pass from my parents on the way back, though, and the $15 I didn't spend on betting horse races.

Then I went BACK TO THE FESTIVAL around 7 and rocked Indigo Sun with a new crew, hung out back at the best tent set-up, tapestries all around 2 "eating tents" with lots of chairs and I duo-djembed in the darkness with ten people listening and we sounded reallll good, just strangers playing off one another...

The moon was at half mast, low and red
maybe bouncing light from an indigo sun

I looked at stars with a new friend, Addison
then we saw to the dreddy DJ who plays at Kinetic for a bit
then the djembe session, and back to jam to Strange Arrangement to finish off the night...........

Blasted dubstep then another mix in the car, maybe some Umphrey's sampler CD from Summer Camp, to stay awake as I sped 90 like a bullet home to Champaign......

.....Kitty was waiting for me when I got home, he looked thinner, and like he missed me. Phone was dead. Goodnight.

No comments: