Monday, February 8, 2010

desiderata

so I guess it goes in cycles, this poem. It reemerges and resurfaces much like grass itself, but to me this poem takes the form of a purple flower.

without internet searching, after returning from discussing this poem over vino tinto i recite:

DESIDERATA

*** GO PLACIDLY AMIDST THE NOISE AND HASTE

and remember what peace there may be in silence.

as much as possible without surrender, be at peace with all persons...

speak your truth quietly and clearly...

YOU are a child of the universe, no less than the stars and the trees, YOU have a right to be here.

And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

...with all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. ***

Not everyone has seen or heard or read this poem. I consider myself blessed to have come across it years ago while browsing the internet. It struck a chord with me, and I hope it does with you. I share it with you because you have come across my page so maybe you are meant to find this.

Now, go-be, fish, swim back to your pond and teach your school with your otherworldly wisdom; how EVER did you find this stream??

No comments: